It’s Sunday and I have been enjoying a weekend off, which is rare for me these days. Yesterday I took a whole day off work. However, today I already missed back to my kitchen! Not sure if that’s healthy? At least it’s a sign, that I LOVE what I do. I also realized, I haven’t been posting much recipes lately (my apologies) because I have been flat out busy. Did I mention it’s Sunday? And that calls for blueberry breakfast muffins. These blueberry muffins are vegan, of course, and the recipe is very simple. Delicious and warming breakfast for long Sunday breakfasts.
I only had frozen blueberries, but if you have fresh available, even better. I used basic gluten free all purpose flour, but if you don’t require gluten free, any all purpose flour will work too.
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp golden flax meal
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 cup almond milk (or other plant based milk)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 apple sauce
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 175’C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a sauce pan and heat up until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture feels slightly warm to touch.
- Mix wet ingredients mixture in the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Add blueberries and stir them in.
- Spoon the blueberry breakfast muffin mixture into silicone or paper muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the blueberry breakfast muffins to cool on an cooling rack before eating. Enjoy!