I created such a dreamy flavor combination of lavender, blueberries and figs for an ultimate raw high tea treat, lavender fig tarts! I used doTERRA lavender essential oil to give these raw tarts a very sophisticated taste. Base is made from dried figs, but you can also replace figs with dates. Creamy filling is colored with blueberries and flavored with lavender essential oil.
8 dried figs, soaked
4 dried dates, soaked
1 cup pistachios
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
pinch of good quality salt
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup blueberries
3 drops of doTerra lavender essential oil (or more to taste)
pinch of vanilla powder or few drops of vanilla essence
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. You should have slightly sticky texture. Press the base mixture in silicone cupcake molds and place in the freezer.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness and lavender flavor.
- Pour the filling mixture in a mixing bowl or a container and place in thee fridge to set.
- Remove the base cups from the freezer and carefully remove them from silicone molds.
- Once the filling mixture is firm enough and not runny, spoon the mixture in piping bag and fill the fig base cups with the filling. Place the lavender fig tarts in the fridge or freezer to set. Enjoy!