Summer will be here soon, along with all the fruity and fresh flavors. Looking for an ultimate summer treat recipe? You just found it! This Pina Colada Cheesecake tastes like sun and tropical paradise. If I close my eyes and have a bite, I can almost imagine being on a beautiful white beach, soaking in the sun, dipping my toes in the warm sea. It’s that good!
This recipe is also raw, gluten free an vegan, which makes it even better. I hope you fall in love with this recipe as much as I did!
I made this cake using frozen pineapple, but if you have fresh pineapple, use it! In the base I used desiccated coconut and walnuts, but you can use your favorite nuts, of course. I do, however, highly recommend using coconut, because Pina Colada! I also added some matcha green tea powder to get two layers.
Makes approx. 16 slices
2 cups walnuts
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups pitted dates
zest of 1 lime
pinch of salt
3 cups cashews
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup pineapple
1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
3/4 cup coconut oil
juice and zest of 2 limes (or more to taste)
1 tsp matcha powder
desiccated coconut and lime zest for decorating
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined but still crumbly. Press the mixture firmly into cake tin and set aside.
- Place all the filling ingredients (except matcha powder) into a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture in half and mix matcha powder into the other half. You might need more matcha powder, depending on how dark green you are after.
- Pour the green filling mixture in the cake tin, over the crust and place in the freezer to set. Once the green filling is firm enough to touch, carefully pour over the white filling mixture and place the pina colada cheesecake back in the freezer to set.
- Once the pina colada cheesecake is set, remove from the freezer and cut into slices. Decorate as desired and enjoy!